Removal Costs: A Detailed Overview of House Moving Costs in 2019
For a better idea what your move will cost, here is an outline of the average removal costs for moving house within Australia. If you’re moving overseas, take a look at our international moving costs page.
Breakdown of Removal Costs
|Basic Removal Services||$775-$830|
|Disassembly & Reassembly||$100-$150|
|Storage (1 Month)||$100-$150|
The cost of a move depends on your own situation. The main two factors that affect the cost of your move is the size of your household (volume of your furniture) and the distance from your old home to your new home. Above is breakdown of the average cost of moving a three-bedroom house.
Average Removalists Costs
|Size of Household||Average Fixed Rate|
Above you can see what the average fixed rates for a removal service of different sized households are. All of the prices displayed are only estimates and only include the loading, transport and unloading services. As every move is different, the only way to find out how much your move will cost is by requesting quotes. You can receive up to five free removal quotes by filling out our quick online form.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Moving
Other than distance and volume, there are several other factors that affects removal costs. Below is a list of the main factors that can influence the price of your move:
- Ease of access: Are you located in a busy street? Or is it easy for removal vans to park nearby your house? If movers are unable to access your house easily, then you will have to pay higher removal costs.
- Minimum hours: Most removal companies will charge you for a minimum number of hours, usually between 2-4 hours.
- Time of Move: If your moving date is scheduled for a weekend or in other high peak times, this can also influence the cost of hiring removal services.
- Special Care: If you’re moving items that need special care, such as paintings, pianos or perhaps even your pet, then you can expect an additional fee on top of your normal removal rate.
- Additional Services: This may include anything from insurance, cleaning or transporting your car or pet. Any additional service that you require will influence the overall price of your move.
Money Saving Tips
When moving to a new house, you need to decide whether you’re more concerned about price or about the quality of the mover.
The cheapest way to save money is to move your belongings on your own. You can also decide to hire a man and van service for an extra helping hand with lifting heavy furniture and driving it to your new home
If you’re looking for ways to save money on your removal costs, then take a look at some of our tips below:
- Move in off peak times, so avoid weekends and holidays.
- Request quotes from more than one removal company. This way you can compare and pick the best moving company for you.
- Sell belongings you no longer want: this will lower the volume you have to move and, therefore, lower the removal cost.
- Don’t pay for moving materials: gather boxes from local supermarkets and pack fragile belongings in
However, if you’re looking for quality and want to make sure your belongings get to your new home all in one piece, then you should consider hiring a home removals company. You can check out what moving companies are on our website to see what services they provide and what their reviews are like.
We hope that you have found this page informative and that it has helped you understand what type of removal costs to expect when moving house. If you would like some more information, look at some of our other pages, such as:
- Moving House Checklist: Take a look at our checklist for everything you need to do when moving house.
- Removal Quotes: Find out what’s included in a removal quote and how to know what to look out for in a good quote.
We hope that your move is a success!