Compare Removalist Quotes: Find Your Mover
Whether you are looking for interstate removal quotes or international removal quotes, there are several factors that influence the cost of a move. We provide a platform to receive instant removal quotes from moving companies. You can do this by filling out our form below.
Your location details
Your moving details
Your contact details
Why Choose Sirelo to Request Removalist Quotes?
While enquiring for removalist quotes directly from a moving company is an option, we firmly believe that it is beneficial for you to be able to compare removal quotes. Asides from this, using Sirelo’s quote form can help you:
- Save time: you won’t have to spend time contacting each removal company individually. Instead, we do the hard work for you. All you need to do is sit back, relax and let the movers come to you.
- Save money: removalist quotes can differ by up to 40% in price! I would say that’s money worth saving. Sirelo allows you to receive multiple quotes, compare moving quotes, and therefore minimise the risk of overpaying.
- Find your perfect match: we know every move is different. Based on the information you share with us, Sirelo promises to match you with a moving company catered to your specific needs and circumstances.
How Many Removalist Quotes Should You Get?
Being able to compare removal quotes means you can pick the best deal for your move. Therefore, we recommend getting as many quotes as you can. However, we understand that this is easier said than done as contacting several different movers can be time consuming.
As we know that time is of the essence, simply filling out the form above allows us to connect you to up to five removal companies for free. We use your moving details to match you with the best possible movers. You can then compare these removalist quotes. The sooner you book your move, the more money you will save. Fill out our form to guarantee you do not miss out on a cheaper deal!
Removalist Quotes: What Influences the Cost?
So you’re not in for any nasty surprises, it is important to understand what elements of your move cost money, and therefore where you can save. The prices reflected on removalist quotes are determined by:
- Distance: naturally, the further away you are moving, the more expensive the move will be.
- Route: popular routes tend to be cheaper than remote and unusual ones, as competition between moving companies drives down the prices.
- Size: both the volume and weight of your move contribute to the price. Not sure how much stuff you have? Don’t fret! Sirelo has a handy furniture volume calculator to get you on your way.
- Complexity: by this we mean the number of movers needed, whether you require reassembling and disassembling of furniture, and whether you have any speciality items e.g. a piano.
- Type of transport: whether you choose to travel by road, sea or air plays a significant part in your removalist costs, with the latter being the most expensive.
- Additional costs: depending on the removalist company you choose, there may be surpluses for things like moving insurance and elevator fees.
What to Look For When Comparing Removalist Quotes
So you have received your removalist quotes and you are thinking what next? We suggest that you look at the following criteria before you go ahead and make your decision.
Seem obvious right? We understand that moving is an expensive process and so saving on the cost of the removal company is likely to be a priority. Just bear in mind; sometimes the removalist quotes that initially appear to be the cheapest do not actually end up being so. It is often the case with cheap quotes that you encounter extra costs along the way. Not ideal!
As we just mentioned, it’s not all about the upfront cost. When choosing what removalist quote to go for, also consider whether the price includes some or all of the following:
- Moving boxes: don’t assume it’s a given that moving boxes are incorporated into the removalist quote. You may sometime have to purchase them yourselves, or pay extra. If you are organising this yourself, visit our moving boxes page which provides detailed information on where to begin your search.
- Packing services: some movers leave this out of the removalist quote as they assume you would prefer to do this yourself. Now we don’t doubt that you’re strong, but do think carefully about the extra effort that this will entail.
- Disassembly and reassembly services: expertise and specific equipment is often required for this. Companies usually offer these services for an extra fee, but this might be left out of the initial removalist quote if it’s not communicated to them from the outset.
- Transportation of special objects: this includes items such as pianos, and even pets. Make sure you indicate to the removal company that this is a service you need so that they can arrange a visit and assess for themselves what exactly needs transporting.
- Long carry: a surplus can be charged if there is a distance of more than 15 metres between the parked moving truck and the entrance of the residence.
- Moving insurance: look carefully at the terms and conditions of the company’s moving insurance to work out the amount and type of objects insured, and also what precautions are in place in the event of a lost or damaged item.
Do not underestimate the importance of customer reviews when choosing which removalist quote to commit to. Sirelo provides a 100% transparent review system, with no bias. Each moving company’s profile contains all submitted customer reviews, along with general information about the company. Exploring these removal company pages is a great way to determine which removalist quote to go for.
Quality and Certification
There are certain moving networks such as Moving Select, which Australian moving companies can, but do not have to join. However, being a part of such networks can be an indication of credibility as members of these networks are held to certain industry standards. When selecting your removalist quote, check to see if the company is part of a network that guarantees professionalism.
Once you have your free removalist quotes, start working your way through our Moving House Checklist, which provides a step-by-step guide to moving house. If you are moving abroad, there are extra costs you will need to consider, and so we recommend that you check out our International Moving Costs page.
Last but by no means least, good luck! You are on the right track to ensuring a smooth-sailing, budget-friendly move.