Moving Boxes: Where to Get the Best Boxes for Your Move
Finding the best moving boxes for your move is an important step for a successful move. Whether you’re moving overseas or just down the street, take a look at how you can get your hands on them:
Where to Buy Moving Boxes
Buying cardboard boxes is a great idea as you can get more than one use out of them and recycle them once you no longer need them. Clear plastic boxes are also handy for both moving and storage, depending on your preference.
In most cases, large international removalists will be able to offer their own moving boxes and wrapping materials for purchase. Always ask for a discount on packing materials However, if your moving company doesn’t offer any, then here is a list of some of the best places to buy moving boxes:
- National Storage: A large box costs just over $4 and they offer a value pack of packing materials and moving boxes for $90. They also buy back your boxes once you have finished using them.
- Bunnings: This company not only offers storage facilities, but they have a great range of different sized boxes all for an affordable price.
- The Moving Box Company: There are many different variations of packs that you can purchase, so the moving box company is perfect if you’re only looking for particular sized boxes. Also, usually, you can get great deals during their sales.
Tip: When buying moving boxes, try and get corrugated boxes which are much stronger and durable than cardboard.
Where to Get Free Moving Boxes
There are many ways you can get your hands on moving boxes for free, including:
- Supermarkets or Retailers: Get in touch with the manager of your local supermarket or shop and ask if they have any empty boxes.
- Friends and Family: If you know someone who has recently moved house, then ask if they still have some packing materials that they’d be happy to lend you.
- Gumtree: Sometimes you can be lucky and find some empty, used moving boxes available.
- Your Removalist: Some, not all, moving companies may already include the cost of packing materials and moving boxes in their removal quote, so double check if this is the case or not.
Where to Hire Moving Boxes
Hiring moving boxes is a great alternative if you don’t want to end up stuck with several boxes that you no longer need. It is more popular for companies to offer plastic boxes for hire such as Boomerang Box, The Box Rental Company and Eco Move. This is mainly due to them being much stronger and durable than cardboard as they will be going through a lot of people.
What to Do Next:
Now that you know where you can get all of your moving boxes and packing materials from, you may find these articles useful for your move:
- Moving Tips: Check out these six tips for an easy move.
- Removal Costs: Find out the average cost of a move within Australia.
- Container Shipping Costs: For those moving overseas, take a look at the current container shipping rates.
Good luck with your move!